After World War II, the arrival of jet aircraft forced major adjustments including flight jackets. The most significant change in aviation was the introduction of hard helmets to protect the pilots head from the vibrations of the aircraft, but the larger headgear resulted in misfit with the flight jacket with large mouton collar. To solve this problem, the B-15 series is produced in a ,, Modified” (MOD) model with a modified collar. This update involved removing the mouton collar from the body and reattaching a wool rib knit. This collar could not be attached without first reversing the body so the waist rib in the back was temporarily removed. As a result, the collar and hem show signs of beeing re-sewn. This modification is often seen on the A, B, C, and D of the B-15 series, which have a new white label attached certifying that the jackets have been officialy modified.
- Material: 100% heavy nylon twill in sage green, water repelling
- Lining: 58% Wolle/ Wool 42% Baumwolle/ Cotton Pile undyed natural color
- Out Slash Pocket: 50% Wool/ Wolle 50% Nylon double face brushed
- Authentic copy of 1953 Crown aluminum spring puller automatic lock
- Snap Buttons U.S. Goverment Department of defense Specs.
- USAF print on left sleeve
- tabs on front left made to hold the headset and microphone wires
- Made in Japan
- Size one size down, means XL fits like a regular L | EU52